2006 Pan American Special Coaching Course
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
July 24-29, 2006
Coaching Course Participants
The 2006 PAHF Special Coaching Course will cover both development coaching information and the high performance aspect of the game (technical and tactical concepts of the game to develop young players from the basic understandings of the game to high performance). The course IS NOT for beginning coaches.
This will be the only PAHF Continental Coaching Course in 2006.
Two FIH coaching experts will conduct the course. Gene Muller, FIH Coach Grade I, Head Coach Canada Men's, from South Africa and Rodolfo Mendoza, FIH Master Coach, former Argentina Women's from Argentina. The conductors have experience of international coaching and conducting coaching courses at the top level around the world and will be the main presenters. Besides the main conductors other head coaches from the participant teams will also make presentations.
The Course will be run in English and Spanish.
Registration Application deadline: June 30, 2006
Registration will be limited in an attempt to make the experience meaningful to all participants and to allow as many countries as possible to participate. An early application will be more likely for acceptance. Participants must have a letter to verify support from their National Association/Federation submitted with their application. As part of the coursework, participants will attend some matches of the CAC Games Championship (Men's & Women's) taking place in Santo Domingo at the same time.
PAHF WILL NOT CHARGE fees for the attendance of this Special Coaching Course, unique in 2006. Participants must pay for their expenses for: accommodation, meals and transport from and to stadium. For those participants that choose to make their own arrangements for accommodation, meals and transport, the course will be free of charges.
Please notice that this is a high tourist season, PAHF has made special arrangements for Course participants for U$S 300.-, the pack includes:
- Accommodation (all-inclusive) in double room, breakfast, and meals at "Dominican Bay Hotel" located in Boca Chica 30 km from Santo Domingo from Monday July 24, 2006 12. a.m .to Sunday July 30, 2006 - 12a.m.
- Transport hotel to Stadium and return to Hotel during Course
- Free access to stadium to observe CAC games 2006
The Course will be an excellent opportunity for coaches to gain knowledge and experience in an international exchange and to observe and analyze international hockey both, Men's & Women's. The program will include:
- Welcome by PAHF and introductory meeting.
- Presentations from Course conductors and participants (both individual and in groups).
- Theoretical coaching sessions by conductors, practical coaching sessions, discussions, special presentations, and contributions from participants.
- Match analysis of PAHF C&C Hockey matches.
- Group and individual work from participants.
- Closing and presentation of certificates of participation.